Google+ Followers

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The beating I get for the beating I gave

The beating I get for the beating I gave

When I was a younger man
I never felt any pain
Beat this body black and blue
Thought I’d have something to gain

Smokes and beers tonight
Work and school come tomorrow
This body bounces back very quickly
My thinking sure was shallow

Older and perhaps wiser now
And with my body slowing down
I still like to crank it up
Who doesn’t like to hit the town

CHORUS:

Defeating this subtle monster is tough
Denial is a strong foe
Creeps in and stirs the soul
Lost without direction out of control

This is just the beating I get
For the beating I gave
Feeling like to my own body
I have become a slave

Praying for relief
Prying open my mind
I reach higher into my conceptualization
Can I escape again this time

Older and wiser with vision changing
Life blooms as a flower
This is conquest for me to experience
An open mind leads to a healing power

Mind over matter
Hard to do consistently,
What fuels this body healthy
I must consume intensely

CHORUS:

Defeating this subtle monster is tough
Denial is a strong foe
Creeps in and stirs the soul
Lost without direction out of control

This is just the beating I get
For the beating I gave
Feeling like to my own body
I have become a slave


Believing starts before results
Decisions carefully made
This pain shall be a fleeting glimpse
Faithful actions brings pain to fade

I shall have lofty goals
And plans for friends and travel
I will wear my Faith as a shield
My new life continues to unravel

Sharing how it use to be and how it is just now
Focusing beyond the self
I am feeling better every moment
I am putting black and blue up on the shelf.


CHORUS:

Defeating this subtle monster is tough
Denial is a strong foe
Creeps in and stirs the soul
Lost without direction out of control

This is just the beating I get
For the beating I gave
Feeling like to my own body
I have become a slave

FREE STREAMING MUSIC BY MobiusTripz 24/7...
STORE NOW OPEN TOO, LINK IN MUSIC PLAYER

DOWNLOAD THE ANDROID APP AS WELL, FREE TOO !!!


ComScore