Google+ Followers

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

N.A.S.A. InSight ~ Art Work ~ MobiusTripz ~ Discovery ~ Mars Mission Objectives

This is some of my N.A.S.A. inspired art work, once again, and this set is mostly about the new N.A.S.A. InSights' future missions. 

This is an excerpt from another blog entry I have made, therefore it may be repetitive, however it is my main influence to share and so I will use these passages again.

(continued after picture series)

All pictures are also available in most any size print so you may frame these at your home if you so desire and display them and share your love of space exploration.















These are both important to me and inspired for many reasons.

First, I was inspired by Carl Mikeman, and Artist and Physicist, working at N.A.S.A, as well as other companies and on other projects.

He pioneered an art form from photography to silkscreen and I was able to watch that before my eyes. I will post a few examples below for you to enjoy. I am embarrassed that they are aged and not photographed quite so well but feel compelled to share what I watched produced that gave me vision.

This is one of his works, that I took a photo of, made black and white and digitally framed to display here.

I am saddened to say, although this has been framed since it was new, it has become stained and needs a professional cleaning, but I prefer not to unsettle it, and prefer to simply share this work this way.

One thing Carl, now a physicist and always an artists and photographer for as long as I can remember, had always spoken of was the importance of perspective, in life, in art, in photography, etc.

In particular in photography, he showed me a picture of this same place one time and it was pictured in a newspaper article that stated it had been partially covered with sand.

The picture was quite convincing, however he explained to me that the truth was that the picture was taken from a vantage point from behind the sand dunes and would of course make it look as though the building was indeed covered, which in face he told me he found out was never the case at all.

Shotty reporting perhaps, or just a tricky way to steal  the headlines, either way what he taught me about perspective and what we think we see has always stuck with me, and that is to keep an open mind.




Artistic vision is a beautiful thing and it is artistic vision that leads towards better vision and clarity in science, which in turns lends back to the previous, and a cycle is started for those so inclined.

I will in detail explain his art form if he does not care if I share that, and I will simply wait for his permission and update this at that time once offered his permission.

Watching the process as a child and understanding it thoroughly and thinking about it now is all quite a wonderful memory and makes me think with fascination about great artists that have somehow in life studied under other such great artists, and my point is that when art is shared the inspiration lasts a life time and that educational gift of creativity is truly priceless.
I will also like to share more about him with you, however again with proper respect I will wait until I have asked to do so.

He has a resume that is second to none and has done more fascinating work to his credit then perhaps any man I have ever met, and some of those guys are real close too.

Carl works with many fascinating things, but it was vision work in particular he described to me as a child along with his art that made me see the expressions of perspective, one that we can all share, and another that is solely the artists and often carrying a loud and resounding message, bot not always the case either, as perhaps there is a smaller more penetrating point to make that appears more subtle at first.

Ultimately, to make my point, he offered to me, the son of an Artist Mother and Engineer and Mathematician Father, a glimpse into my own personal desires a an artist that I have thought about for such a very long time, and I am at this point today.

I enjoy photography immensely, as I do art. The love may wane from time to time as life offers up so many challenges but it has always remained and most importantly it has always grown, and that love growing has offered insights that are unimaginable at younger ages, and that to me is the epitome of what should have been taught to any artist, and is what Carl and my Mother have granted me individually.

If my art is worthy or not does not particularly matter or not to me, as I am so happy to be able to express thoughts and music through digital devices and portals today that I had only once dreamt of.

Technology has made a lot possible and it has helped to make a lot more affordable as well.

Today we live in a day and age where money should be respected and spent wisely but not rule our hearts or any part of our life, including government.

Vision by great people shared with me has offered me many hopes at my own dreams coming to fruition, and   I believe art in education is an imperative to bolster and emphasize today more then ever, as we are on this cusp where we must thrive and move forward through very progressive change as we have never known before, or parish.

If that sounds alarming, it was meant to, and for the life of myself, I cannot envision why so many seemingly rational people of this earth would be so selfish to tolerate the wheels of change not shifting very quickly into high gear as we recreate the way in which we do everything.

EVERYTHING

Sounds like a tall order perhaps, however, that is again the critical mass we are more swiftly the ever approaching.

What story will make the headlines next trumpeting loudly about something happening more quickly or stronger then ever before?

It is a fact that we as a civilization will have to leave the coasts soon, as they are already deteriorating.

Water is a huge issue, both fresh water, and sea water that is worthy of supporting life.

We have changed so much with synthetics that we may never be able to overcome what has already happened.

It certainly does not need to continue.

There is no rational reason we cannot farm hemp today to replace many of the unsightly synthetics, put a huge amount of folks to work, rejoin the farmers of the world in this marketplace again, and grow once more the great crop that helped establish us as a nation in the first place.

Wal Mart, which I despise, has taken a huge step in financial planning an unveiled a new plan to hire veterans and help our historically low employment figures.  Much kudos, it is about time.

Why has the Federal Government also not taken a step and started something akin to, " The New Deal", where the country that is suppose to nourish us invests into us so we can grow her even stronger and more desirable?

Why is often a question that wastes breath.

I am happy to see progress made in the shifts in energy policy, however, it is also coming to slow and in too few numbers.

Geo thermal is another greatly under utilized science that needs to quickly become meshed into the mainstream construction protocol.

Vision will take us where we are going, and if we start planning better with our sights set towards a better future, well, we can certainly inhabit Mars and hopefully have no real reason to have to desert the Earth to ever start with.

OTHER GREAT INFORMATIVE LINKS:



http://insight.jpl.nasa.gov/home.cfm

You may reach me at rokkinroll@gmail.com to make an order of prints you desire. Thanks and I hope you enjoyed the art and please read the links above for greater knowledge and understanding of the mission objectives.