Google+ Followers

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Posted to Google Calendar Help Forum ~ 01 22 2015

I will try my best to be poignant.

I am not aware if I can share my calendar with selected family and friends.

Is it possible (now or upon my suggestion herein) to schedule an even in calendar, and then categorize it in a way that would let me share it with select groups?

An example would be a party at home I want to invite certain contacts too, such as my musician friends. Or a special day such as a funeral or graduation that i want to share with family.

I could then through the server, choose to send all an email, inviting non users to open a calendar account, and then automatically schedule the "event", as well as send a reply about their intentions to attend.

These replies and sent messages could be in a special folder within gmail specific to the calendar function only as well.

Also, being able to highlight in the color of my choice would further help me organize events by prioritizing then each in color.

This could be especially useful for reunions, concerts where anyone within the users list of specific contacts may want to attend, or any other type of event, I just listed a couple to make the brain of the reader brainstorm this usefulness.

I think facebook is missing the boat in this regards and Calendar alone could be a social platform, some public, some private, and some in between by special lists, that could truly revolutionize social planning, be it for a small city as where I live in Cumberland, Maryland for example. I desire a public calendar (as just a single instance and separate account perhaps) where I, or anyone else, can schedule all public and private events in my city, to see who has a fund raiser, who is in concert, when charity drives are being held, when public meetings take place, ad infinitum, so that I can look and plan ahead with all the specific details, such as dress code, price, maps, who plans on attending, etc, and a feature where I can mass email my friends (or whomever I place on a list that accepts said invitation) so social planning becomes a greater task of ease with communication a given instead of a chore.

If required fields are not properly filled in during the original entry, then they would not be able to be posted and then shared amoungst the group, as this would insure no future guess work. Obviously this system could and should evolve like any prime software and therefore become "the" useful tool in the marketplace and remain that way.

Perhaps G+ utilizes this and I have overlooked it, however, I have found nothing that would be as useful as this to date.

There is a huge market that is being missed amoung professionals as well, such as lawyers and doctors for example, where this could be a very useful tool to be utilized, as example again but not limited too, the courts and the attorneys serving the jurisdiction and the clients in areas far and wide. I have worked in a legal office and see this void clearly. Scheduling is perhaps one of the items or tasks that consumes the most time coordinating between parties, and this "niche" needs to be and should be filled, with the possibility of it, once again, being the platform for everyone to gravitate too, and then furthermore be broken down and divided into different user entities, be they professional or social, etc, with an area for live conversation in threads, as well as private messaging, and voice messaging in live time or any other feature already available already across the net.

I hope I have not typed this and have missed something that already exists, but if that is the case, well it should be better telegraphed so more users can use these features with the greatest of ease.

Time is money, so one cliche says, and fro experience, time spent being organize always means greater productivity and efficiency as well as more time to spend doing what we each enjoy, whatever that may be.

I am excited to hear valuable feedback here and hope I will find answers or spark and even greater platform for all of us to use in our daily lives.

Thanks for your time and input.

Sincerely,

John Stephen Swygert